Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Disney Heroes, Homeschooling and Gratitude

I started playing a fun new game on my phone called Disney Heroes. Time will tell whether it’s something I continue to play or not but I’ve been enjoying it here lately. We’ve been having a good time with our Around the World curriculum so far even though I was nervous about starting something new. As part of this curriculum we have been reading aloud a book called The Very, Very, Far North and it’s pretty cute so far. A polar bear and an owl so far have been quite charming characters. It’s always nice when the read aloud can be enjoyed by both children and adults both. That was one of the things I knew would make good picks out of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, the knowing that I would enjoy revisiting them also. I find myself listening to the audiobook with more interest perhaps than the children sometimes. I always struggle to have good transitions in our day. Perhaps I need to look up some possible solutions and come up with a plan but for now we are just gonna have to struggle our way through from lunch break back into our studies. Motivation is hard sometimes for adults and kids. I try to take a gentle approach but also to be firm. It is a fine line sometimes but we do alright. I love learning with my kids and it is worth every ounce of struggle we endure to go through the process of learning with them and to spend this time with them building these memories of learning and growing together. It is absolutely priceless. I am grateful. Remembering to be grateful for the wonderful things in my life changes everything for the better so I try to remember a few things everyday that I have in my life to be grateful for. I hope you can think of a few things right now.

No comments: